West and Central Africa (WCA) Modeler Community of Practice (CoP)
Main Contact for Initiative
This Modeler CoP meets every two months virtually to share knowledge and expertise in modeling through lectures, discussions and trainings.
We invite everyone willing to join us to please contact:
- Madina Diancoumba: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Folorunso Akinseye: Akinseye@cgiar.org
- Nadine Worou: Worou@cgiar.org
- Dilys Sefakor Maccarthy: email@example.com
- Heidi Webber: Webber@zalf.de
Brief Description of Activity
We are a Modeler Community of Practice (CoP), spread across the globe that came together during the Summer School CMRA-2022, organized by the Leibniz-Centre for Agricultural Landscape Research (ZALF) in collaboration with the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), with the support of the Accelerating Impacts of CGIAR Climate Research for Africa (AICCRA) project, in the Centre d’Etude Régional pour l’Amélioration de l’Adaptation à la Sécheresse (CERAAS) of Senegal from September 11-17, 2022.
Diverse and gender-balanced, our CoP is composed of above 35 international scientists with different backgrounds and levels of knowledge in crop model used, climate risk and impact assessment, cropping and agroecosystem analysis. We intend to:
- Increase the use of process-based cropping system models (CSMs) in Africa
- Build the capacity of young researchers in developing and improving cropping systems models and in setting up modeling frameworks that truly represent the farming systems of Africa
For further details on the Summer School CMRA-2022 organized in Senegal in September 2022, please visit the following webpages: